11 May 2006

Spoke Too Soon

Well yesterday's praise was a bit soon. Although another way to look at it is yes the surgery went but now my Mother in law is not doing well.

They, the surgeon and her gastroenterologist, aren't sure what is causing the problems this time. She's sick, can't hold anything down and has a fever. They aren't sure when she will be going home either. They have her on IV nutrition and pain medicine.

An odd thing also occured yesterday with Ian. While his Grandma was getting sick and not doing well at the hospital, he was acting out by talking and not paying attention at school. I feel bad for the teacher but I'm sure these two things are connected. Those two are like two peas in a pod. It's like his love for her told him she was not doing well. It's happened before. The last time she was in the hospital a few months ago, I had to take him to visit because he was so out of sorts about how she was doing. I don't know how else to explain it... she's sick/he acts out without even having been told that she wasn't doing well.

All I can do is pray that she gets better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your MIL gets better ASAP and everyone returns to normal.