28 April 2006

Transitions and Glasses

My friend toemi posted a question about transitions lenses for glasses... My commnet to her was getting to be more like a book so I figured I'd just post about it.

Jeffrey recently got Transitions lenses for his glasses. They are great because I don't have to remind him to switch glasses to sunglasses or vice versa when out and about. He says they change pretty quickly now from light to dark, only about a minute to lighten up some and then only a few more to lighten completly when going inside. They darken just about instantaneously when he walks outside too which is great. He says he never has to squint so that must be good.
He only has one complaint about them. They do not stay dark in the car. The sales lady says the lenses need UV rays to change but the car windows are treated so UV rays won't be problematic.
Also, when Jeffrey got his last pair of glasses he made a frame change. This was a huge deal for him because he's always had oval shaped wire rimmed frames. This time the sales lady and I convinced him to go with a more rectangular fame that is a thin black plastic rim. They look great on him but it did take him a while to get used to the look/feel.

Hope the info helps toemi...

3 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about Transitions myself.

Diana Sioux said...

Just wanted to chime in that I let my 12 y/o get Transitions with his last lens change. He LOVES them! Especially at soccer games. No more squinting into the sun trying to see the ball. Yes, not changing in the car is a slight problem, but not much of one. DS is thrilled with his. The only downside for me is that in all outdoor photos it looks like he's wearing sunglasses but, barring having him take them off, there's not much to be done about that.

tosin said...

Thanks so much!!
I'm a little bummed, because the car was my primary motivation. Grr. I will probably still get them though.
(Although, if I would just suck it up and get contacts, this would not be an issue...)

You're awesome!!

~toemi~