08 March 2006

Traveling - Church

My father-in-law is a pastor, which was actually what moved them to the
area. Grandma teaches one of the younger classes and wanted to know if I
thought Ian would go with her or his friend Ethan. I said he would
probably want to stick with her since he was such a Grandma's boy and
she thought he would go with Ethan.
Then she asked why he was so worried about seeing her. So I told her
truthfully it was because he was worried about her from her last
hospital stay. She went in because her pancreas was acting up. Then she
tried to eat solid foods too soon and ended up there for an extra week.
Well Ian had overheard a conversation between Jeffrey and I that it
wasn't good and that she should basically know better than to push
herself. She said she just wanted to go home. So I told her I realized
that and that I was sorry and didn't mean to sound mean but she needed
to take care of herself, better to wait a day and stay in the hospital
then push it and risk dieing. She really hadn't looked at it that way
although she knows death is a possibility all she could think about was
going home. We hugged and I reminded her how much we all love her and
want to see her better. She said she would try to remember this
situation next time because she doesn't want to have Ian so worried
about her. All I could say was thank you. I'm so glad I have a good
relationship with my mother in law.
Church service was very nice, the first Sunday in Lent so there was a
long liturgy and communion too. But Dad's prayers weren't as long as
usual and his sermon was only 3 pages long. Dad was very happy that I
accepted communion. It's been 10 years of marriage and I hadn't done
that. He asked last time why and I said that it was because I felt
awkward since I wasn't a member there. He told me that as long as I
believe I should accept it. So I did and it put a smile on his face.

TTFN
Pamela Lynn

No comments: